Notice

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Shutdown Radeon Graphics card and save battery and solve overheat problem

If you are using radeon graphics or any other dedicated AMD graphics card with Intel Graphics in your laptop, you might have encountered a problem of overheating and lesser battary life. You can shut down AMD graphics card permanently and let Intel Graphics card work and solve these two problems. In my case, I have a HP Pavilion G6 with AMD radeon 6470M and I also faced that situation. So I run following commands and shut down AMD graphics card. Now my overheat problem is solved and my battary life became normal.

Run followings in terminal

sudo chown -R username:username  #replace 'username' with your username
sudo -s
echo off /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

To run this in every startup, open /etc/rc.local file,

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

Include echo off /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch in that file before exit statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment